Thank you to all the volunteers and participants for making the 2014 Spring Scioto Miles Training Series a success!! Results and pics can be found below!
Sign up for race # 2 at Easton on April 6th!
Train like a champion! Sign up for the official training series of the Capital City Half Marathon. The Scioto Mile(s) Spring Training Series will give you the training and motivation you need to stay on track for the Capital City Half Marathon!
Both dates feature a 5K loop course! Participants have the option to complete the distance of your choice at both events.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?! Click here!
What: 5K, 10K & 15K Training Series
When: Saturday, March 22nd and Sunday, April 6th. Start time is 8:00am for both events!
Where: Two amazing courses in Downtown Columbus at Broad & High St and at the Easton Town Center.
- Downtown - The race start/finish is located at the intersection of Broad St and 4th St in front of 180 E Broad St.
- Easton - The race start/finish is located in front of the Gap at 160 Easton Square Center.
Who: You! Runners and Walkers of ALL abilities are welcomed!
DID YOU SIGN UP BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON FEBRUARY 2ND?! If so you get the Pearl Izumi Shoes! Click here for the details!
Packet Pickup: Two separate packet pickup dates for each event.
- March 22nd event - March 20-21st at Fleet Feet Sports
- April 6th event - April 3-5th at Fleet Feet Sports
- Raceday - Starting at 6:30 a.m. No Shoe pickup. Shirt and bib pickup only!
A $90 entry fee gets you entry into both of the two races to help tune you up for your fall half and full marathons! Plus, you get:
- 3 distances to choose from
- 2 unique event tees
- 2 Finisher's Medals
- Spring Training Passport - Participants will receive special discounts all all their training needs!
- Snowville Creamery Chocolate Milk!
- Triformance Bike Escorts - The Triformance crew will be out along the course providing support along the way!
Not sure you can commit to both dates?! No, worries you can sign up for each date individually!
- Downtown Parking - The race start/finish is located at the intersection of Broad St and 4th St in front of 180 E Broad St. There are plenty of meters in the area surrounding the course as well as garages. Click here for a map of parking garages in the area.
- Easton Parking - The race start/finish is located in front of the Gap at 160 Easton Square Center. There are plenty of meters in the area surrounding the course as well as garages. Click here for more information on parking at Easton.
The Courses: Click below for the course maps.
- Saturday, March 22nd - Downtown Columbus (click to interact)
- Sunday, April 6th - Easton Town Center (click to interact)
Shoe Fitting and Pickup: Were you one of the lucky ones to get shoes with registration? If so, you should have received and e-mail with shoe pickup logistics. If you missed the e-mail you can access the info by clicking here!
- Those who registered by midnight on February 2nd for the series are receiving a pair of Pearl Izumi Emotion N2 or Emotion H3! During registration you will select functionality and size to help us have correct quantities in stock for you. Participants will be fit for functionality and size. Color is first come, first served based upon availability. Shoe colors will not be know until shipment arrives at Fleet Feet on February 7th No exchanges or returns once you have been fit for and left with your new Pearl Izumi Emotion N2 or Emotion H3. Shoes are limited to those who registered by midnight on February 2nd. Shoes will be available to try on beginning on February 7th, 2014.
- If you registered in time to get shoes, you will be receiving an e-mail on February 3rd with more details on the shoe pickup. Shoes will be available to try on beginning on February 7th, 2014! Participants must be fit for functionality and size. Color is first come, first served. No exchanges or returns once you have been fit for and left with your new Pearl Izumi Emotion N2 or Emotion H3. Shoes are limited to those who register by midnight on February 2nd.
- Just like the Pearl Izumi core shoe line, Pearl Izumi holds the Emotion Series to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the Emotion Series line to last approximately 250-300 miles. Fleet Feet Sports recommends the Emotion Series shoes as a great "second" shoe. The Emotion Series falls into the "minimal" category and should be introduced to your workout regimen with moderation as they will stress the body differently that more traditional running shoes.
Previous year results and pics can be found here!